The African Journal of Medical Physics, Biomedical Engineering and Sciences (AJMBS) is a cross-disciplinary, international medium for exchange of important research, ideas and information on Medical Physics, Biomedical Engineering, Biological Sciences and Medical Sciences. It is a Journal of African Union of Biomedical Engineering and Sciences (AUBES) published by ABC Publications Inc, Nigeria.
AJMBS is a peer-reviewed and most recently an open access journal that publishes manuscripts quarterly.Manuscripts that meet the general criteria could be submitted for publication, including: original articles in basic and applied research, case studies and critical reviews, surveys, opinions, commentaries and essays.
The objectives include:
1) To merge the biological, medical and clinical sciences with engineering and physical sciences into new diagnostic and therapeutic technologies and devices;
2) To present novel methods and innovations for solving peculiar biomedical and health problems in Africa;
3) To publish and promote the results of works by African medical physics, biomedical engineering and science professionals scattered all over Africa and outside Africa;
4). To publish works by non African professionals practising in Africa or whose works have relevance to Africa.
Scope of the Journal
The scope of AJMBS includes the following areas:
• biomedical electronics, informatics, instrumentation, physics, imaging, research, equipment management, optics and robotics;
• health and safety; bio-mechanical, public health, clinical, rehabilitation, tissue, biomaterials, industrial, bioprocess, genetic, neural and biochemical sciences and engineering;
• biomathematics and biostatistics;
• biosensing and biosignal processing;
• radiotherapy and radiation safety;
• physiological measurement;
• biopharmaceutical technology;
• medical robotics and computer-assisted surgery;
• bio-medical, clinical, pharmaceutical and laboratory sciences.
Invitation to Review
AJMBS is searching for qualified reviewers as members of the review and editorial team. You can support this initiative by sending us your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AJMBS is now Open Access Journal
In response to popular demand, AJMBS is now an open access journal. One key request of researchers across the world is unrestricted access to research publications. Open access journals are scholarly journals that are available online to the reader "without financial, legal, or technical barriers other than those inseparable from gaining access to the internet itself. It also enhances indexing, retrieval power and eliminates the need for permissions to reproduce and distribute content. AJMBS is now fully committed to the Open Access Initiative and will subsequently provide free access to all articles as soon as they are published.